- 4 x RJ-45 selectable RS-232/422/485 serial ports (2400 to 230,400bps). Cisco pin-out.
- 1 x RJ-45 10/100Base-T primary Ethernet and 4 x RJ-45 10/100 Ethernet switch
- Dual SIM card slot
- Dual cellular SMA antenna connectors – for diversity or GPS
- 1 x external cellular antenna. Optional second diversity or GPS antenna
- WiFi Access Point 802.11 b/g/n with one antenna. Optional WiFi diversity antenna
- 2 x External USB 2.0 Host Type A sockets
- Rack mount brackets
ACM5500 Series Features
- Complete remote management solution in one box
- Remote site access over PSTN, 3G or 4G LTE cellular with smart failover
- Integrated console server – manage router, switch and firewall serial & USB consoles
- Deploy in wiring closets, branch offices, comms cabinets and harsh remote sites
- Military-spec security, FIPS 140-2 SSL and SSH, stateful firewall, OpenVPN & IPsec
- Environmental and physical sensor alarm notification via SMS, SNMP or Nagios
- Automatically detect and recover from network outages and repair equipment faults
The Opengear ACM5500 remote management gateway enables secure remote monitoring, access and control of distributed networks and remote sites, even when the network is down. The ACM5500 deploys alongside distributed IT, network and power infrastructure, providing always-available secure remote access, true out-of-band management, proactive monitoring and smart automated response capabilities. The result is a drastic reduction in the need for expensive on-site technical visits and rapid problem resolution.
Solutions for Cisco installs
Immediate access to any Cisco device at any time from anywhere, with ACM5500’s integrated serial and USB console server. Simple straight-through Cat 5 cabling to Cisco-style RS232 consoles of remote routers, switches, security appliances and other network equipment – no special cables, no adapters. Detect console warnings and errors, break into ROMmon for remote provisioning and recovery. Built in TFTP server stores and serves IOS images, running configuration and offline logs.
Multi-vendor, multi-device management
As well as Cisco, ACM5500 supports the widest array of network, IT and power infrastructure and vendors. Manage firewalls, switches, routers and WAN optimization via RJ45 or DB9 serial console, or Ethernet management interfaces via integrated management switch (optional). Vendor-neutral power management support for UPS and switched PDUs enables complete out-of-band power control and hotkey power cycling from inside the console management session.
Monitor infrastructure and the physical environment
ACM5500 monitors infrastructure status, as well as remote site environmental conditions and physical sensors. Detect water ingress and physical tampering in remote cabinets with digital IO sensor ports. Smart alert escalation through SNMP, email and direct SMS – extend the reach of Nagios & Solarwinds NMS and respond before catastrophe. Automatically detect and recover from common causes of network outage including device misconfiguration and lock up.