- Dual-WAN Gigabit Ethernet
- Load-Balancing & WAN Failover
- VoIP (2 x FXS, 1 x PSTN)
- IPv6 Ready
- High performance – up to 300Mb/s firewall throughput
- DrayTek Firewall with huge flexibility
- 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch
- Temperature Monitoring (with optional USB Thermometer)
- 802.11a/b/n Wireless LAN
- Dual-band (2.4/5Ghz) Wireless
- Wireless Guest Portal
- Multiple Private LAN Subnets
- SMS (Text Message) Alert
- VLANs (Port or 802.1q based)
- IGMP v2 & v3 MultiCast
- Includes SmartMonitor (50 users)
- Content Filtering (by keyword, data type or category)
- Ethernet and WiFi VLANs (common/distinct groups)
- LDAP Integration for VPN and user access
- QoS (Layer 2&3, 802.1p & TOS/DCSP)
- Up to 32 VPN tunnels for LAN-to-LAN or teleworkers
- VPN Trunking & Backup
- SSL VPN – Tunnel or Proxy (25 users)
The Vigor 2925 series is a dual-Ethernet WAN router for load-balancing or failover. It’s also a fully featured firewall, VPN concentrator and content filtering device. This latest router includes support for professional features such as VLAN tagging, Gigabit Ethernet built-in wireless LAN.
A 5-port Gigabit Ethernet switch on the LAN side provides high speed connectivity for your server, other local PCs or for uplink to a larger Ethernet switch. Comprehensive security features include content filtering, web application controls and an object based firewall management system.
Robust & Comprehensive Firewall
Security is always taken seriously with DrayTek routers. The firewall protects against attacks including DoS (Denial of Service) attacks, IP-based attacks and access by unauthorised remote systems. Wireless, Ethernet and VPN are also protected by various protection systems. The latest (‘Version 3’) DrayTek object-based firewall allows even more setup flexibility than ever, enabling you to create combinations of users, rules and restrictions to suit multi-departmental organisations. The Vigor 2925 also allows selective direction firewall rules of LAN to WAN, WAN to LAN or LAN to VPN. In addition, QoS (Quality of Service Assurance) can now be selectively applied to specific users.
IPv6 – Next Generation Internet Routing
The Vigor 2925 supports IPv6 – the successor to the current IPv4 addressing system that has been used since the Internet was first created. IPv4 address space is full up and IPv6 allows for much more efficient routing and a larger address space. IPv6 is supported both from your own ISP, but if your ISP does not (yet) support IPv6, the Vigor 2925 also supports IPv6 broker/tunnel services to provide IPv6 accss using either TSPC or AICCU via 3rd party IPv6 providers.
IPv6 on the Vigor2925 and Vigor2925n provides the following features:
- IPv6 support on the DrayTek Vigor 2925
- Operation on any one of the WAN ports (ADSL/VDSL, Ethernet or 3G)
- Connectivity to direct native IPv6 ISPs
- Built-in tunneling to 3rd party IPv6 brokers
- suppporting TSPC or AICCU methods
- Default stateful firewall for all IPv6 LAN Clients/Devices
- DHCPv6 Client or Static IPv6 Client
- DHCPv6 & RADVD for client configuration
- IP Filtering Rules
- QoS for IPv6 with DiffServ
- Router Management over IPv6 (Telnet/HTTP) with IPv6 Access List
- Simultaneous (concurrent) operation with IPv4 (“Dual-Stack”)
Other router features are available on IPv4 only currently
Web Content Filtering
The content control features of the Vigor 2925 allows you to set restrictions on web site access, blocking download of certain file or data types, blocking specific web sites with whitelists or blacklists, blocking IM/P2P applications or other potentially harmful or wasteful content. Restrictions can be per user, per PC or univeral. Using DrayTek’s GlobalView service, you can block whole categories of web sites (e.g. gambling, adult sites etc.), subject to an annual subscription to the Globalview service, which is continuously updated with new or changed site categorisations or sites which have become compromised (such as infected with Malware). A free 30-day trial is included with your new router.
WAN Load Balancing & Backup
The Vigor 2925 features WAN connectivity via its two WAN Ethernet ports and two USB ports for connection of a compatible 3G or 4G modem. The ethernet ports can connect to DSL modems (e.g. Vigor 120), a cable modem or any other Ethernet-based Internet feed. The multiple WAN interfaces can be used either for WAN-Backup or load balancing. Load-balancing or failover supports IPv4 only currently (not IPv6).
WAN-Backup provides contingency (redunancy) in case of your primary ADSL line or ISP suffering temporary outage). Internet Traffic will be temporarily routed via the secondary Internet access. When normal services is restored to your primary ADSL line, all traffic is switched back to that.