Introducing airFiber, a truly revolutionary license free 24 GHz Point-to-Point radio from Ubiquiti Networks. Housed in a compact, highly efficient form factor, airFiber delivers revolutionary performance of 1.4+ Gbps, aggregate throughput and 13+ km in range. airFiber ushers in a new era in price-disruptive, carrier-class backhaul technology.
Addressing the Under-served
airFiber core networks backbones can be instantly and cost-effectively deployed anywhere, bringing Internet deep into the unserved areas of the world.
Plug and Play Deployment
Utilizing the worldwide license-free 24GHz band, airFiber can be freely purchased and deployed nearly anywhere. Additionally, the product was designed to be instantly setup and configured. Based on Ubiquiti’s innovative and intuitive airOS™, the airFiber Configuration Interface enables quick configuration and deployment. With installation efficiency in mind, the mechanical design allows easy installation by one person. A two person installation crew can effectively install and align an airFiber link
With true 1.4Gbps+ data throughput and up to 13 km range, airFiber provides a breakthrough in 24GHz backhaul performance.
Hybrid Division Duplex (HDD)
HDD provides the best of both worlds — latency performance of Frequency Division Duplex (FDD) with the spectral efficiency of Time Division Duplex (TDD).
Built for Speed
airFiber delivers 1.4+ Gbps, aggregate throughput. To put this in perspective, airFiber can transmit a 100 MB file in less than a second. Rivaling common broadband providers, airFiber download speed is up to 100x faster. With speed and throughput surpassing conventional wired backhauls, airFiber prevails over expensive and labor-intensive wired infrastructures.
airOS F: software loaded with powerful features
airOS F is an intuitive, versatile, highly developed Ubiquiti firmware technology that resides on airFiber. It is exceptionally intuitive and was designed to require no training to operate. Behind the user interface is a powerful firmware architecture which enables hi-performance network backhauls.
Note. Two radio units are required to complete one point-to-point link.
- Operating Frequency: 24.05 – 24.25 GHz
- Dimensions: 649 x 426 x 303 mm
- Weight: 10.5 kg (mount included)
- Max. Power Consumption: < 50W
- Power Supply: 50V, 1.2A PoE GigE Adapter (Included)
- Power Method: Passive Power over Ethernet (42-58V)
- Pole Mount Kit (Included)
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 55°C (-40 to 131°F)
- Data Port: 1x 10/100/1000 Ethernet Port
- Configuration Port: 1x 10/100 Ethernet Port
- Auxiliary Port: 1x RJ-12, Alignment Tone Port
- 1.4+ Gbps, aggregate throughput
- 13+ km range
- Worldwide License-Free 24 GHz frequency
- Up to 100x faster than DSL/Cable
- Intuitive airFiber Configuration Interface
- One-person installation at each link
- Patent-pending transmission technology
- TDD and FDD Operating Modes
- Advanced HDD Operating Mode