There are many applications for long distance LAN extension that do not require ultra-high rates. The Model 2155 is perfect for just those applications. You can connect these modems up to 5 miles (8 km) apart on a single copper twisted-pair without changing the data rate. Just plug them in and power them up, and they take care of the rest. Lots of LAN extenders require you to set up the rate and vary the data rate based on the distance. Not these modems-connect them up and you get the maximum rate at any distance up to their maximum reach.
The 2155 LAN extenders are completely transparent to higher level protocols, like VLAN tagging, enabling these extenders to fit into almost any location where cost-effective LAN extension is needed. If there is ever a problem, the easy-to-read LEDs and built-in diagnostics make it a snap to verify operation. When you need the same connection to all your remote LANs, use the Patton 2155.
- Extend your network up to 5 miles (8 km)at 24 AWG/0.5 mm
- 144 kbps using twisted pair of copper
- Plug-and-play-No configuration necessary!
- 10Base-T full or half-duplex Ethernet port
- Support for 802.1 Q VLAN tagged packet transmission
- LEDs provide quick status at a glance
- Test mode switch makes troubleshooting easy