- Ethernet Extension—Extend 10/100Base-TX Ethernet up to 10,000 feet (3 kilometers)—well beyond the 328-foot (100-meter) limitation—over a single twisted-pair, Cat 5e/6/7, or even coaxial cable.
- Operates Over Twisted Pair—Realize fiber-optic speeds without the expense—and hassle—of installing new cables or line-of-site wireless circuits.
- Plug and Play—Set these units up straight out of the box. No configuration is required. Auto-sensing 10/100 Ethernet ports support full or half duplex operation.
- Multiple Line Rates Supported—Boasting downstream line rates up to 168 Mbps, the switch-selectable rate mode options optimize rate and reach for the noise environment, wire gauge/type and length.
- Transparent LAN Bridging—Bypass network configuration requirements by transparently passing all higher layer protocols—including 802.1Q VLAN frames (tagged and untagged). Data-transmission mechanism is fully transparent to such IP video compression schemes as MPEG-4, H.264 and MJPEG.
Perfect for bandwidth-intensive applications the Model 2174 delivers off-the-chart symmetrical line rates greater than 100 Mbps. Best of all—like all CopperLink™ products—the Model 2174 leverages existing copper infrastructure to deliver high speed Ethernet connectivity over voice-grade twisted pair, Cat 5e/6/7, and—new to the CopperLink™ line—coaxial cabling.
Four user-selectable configuration profiles—combined with Patton’s auto-rate adaptation feature—ensure maximum achievable symmetrical or asymmetrical rates for the installed noise environment, wire gauge/type and length.
Symmetrical line-rate settings are ideal for such applications as remote LAN extension, video teleconferencing, and data backhaul. Asymmetrical configurations are well-suited for applications requiring higher downstream speeds and/or longer distances between Ethernet devices. Typical symmetrical scenarios include medical imaging, livestock monitoring, underwater video, internet gaming, and transporting high-resolution IP video from security cameras.
Realize fiber-like speed and distance without the expense of fiber with Patton’s Ultra-High-Speed CopperLink™ Ethernet Extenders.