- G.SHDSL speeds to 22.8 Mbps—Get reliable broadband connectivity with TC-PAM full-duplex symmetric rates and distances exceeding 24,000 feet (7,300 meters)
- EFM—Pure Ethernet solution provides seamless integration into today’s and future networks.
- MTU Support—1,792 bytes.
- QoS, CoS, and VLAN Support—Make the most out of your service offerings or ensure top quality network connections with advanced traffic management features.
- Interoperable with DSLAMs or Point-to-Point—Take advantage of Patton reliability whether you connect back to back or to third-party DSLAMs
- 4 x 10/100 Ethernet Switch—Make up to 4 network connections easily. Built in MDI-X auto cross over switches eliminates messy and confusing cable configurations.
- WWW/SNMP Manageable—Built-in VT-100 console port makes setup a snap, and you can use the embedded HTTP/SNMP agent to manage the Model 3200 from anywhere in the world.
The Patton RocketLink™ Model 3200 simplifies and provides cost effective network extension by utilizing pre-existing twisted pair infrastructure enables service providers to offer broadband or data backhaul services to businesses, governments, and various institutions over existing last-mile, copper infrastructure. Today, more than ever, operators are finding the business case for leveraging their existing copper networks to be highly attractive from an ROI and initial investment perspective over fiber roll-outs.
The Model 3200 is Ethernet First Mile (EFM) compliant. EFM—also called pure Ethernet—lowers OPEX and CAPEX by resolving one of the biggest deficiencies in carrier networks, the lack of interworking arrangements among different protocols such as Frame Relay, TDM, ATM, and of course DSL. Using EFM allows for more efficient and trouble-free networking environments. Service providers can concentrate on providing differentiated services instead of concentrating on resolving their latest issue of protocol conversions.
Patton’s 3200 G.SHDSL.bis modem incorporates next-generation SHDSL technology with multi-pair bonding to offer unmatched rate, reach and reliable Ethernet connectivity, providing symmetrical 22.8 Mbps of bandwidth over 4-pair (8-wire) at distances up to 1.8 miles (2.9 km). The RocketLink 3200 comes standard with a 4-port fast Ethernet switch with full QoS and CoS features. VLAN (802.1q) capabilities include 4 levels of priorities, traffic flow control, and rate control. These traffic management and QoS features enable service providers to provision for differentiated services and/or SLAs.
The RocketLink 3200 is a complete, managed, end-to-end system when used either back-to-back or with a 3rd party ipDSLAM. The 3200 is the clear and easy choice for mission-critical networking.