Ethernet distance extension (LAN to LAN connection)
The GRT-101 is excellent for Ethernet distance extension over existing telephone wires. With just one pair of AWG-26 copper wires, you can easily connect two Ethernet networks with a maximum 5.7Mbps (at maximum 2.4km/1.6 miles) full duplex transfer rate. Low-rate application is possible up to the maximum distance of 7.7 km/4.8 miles.
G.SHDSL is the best solution to quickly providing cost-effective, high speed network service to enterprises and SME users or SOHO users which need high-speed symmetrical Internet connections. By utilizing existing telephony infrastructure, the network installation is simple and straightforward. With up to 5.7Mbps full duplex speed IP telephony, website hosting and various broadband services can be easily provisioned.
Internet Access Features
- Efficient IP routing and transparent learning bridge to support broadband Internet services
- NAT/PAT feature lets user both conserve valuable IP address space and reduce IP address management, meanwhile, also protects certain attack from outer network or internal workstations
- Full ATM protocol stack implementation over SHDSL / SHDSL.bis
- PPPoA and PPPoE support user authentication with PAP/CHAP/MS-CHAP
- DMZ host/Multi-DMZ/Multi-NAT enables multiple workstations on the LAN to access the Internet for the cost of IP address
Advanced Internet Functions
- Easy configuration and management with password control for various application environments
- SNMP management with SNMPv1/SNMPv2 agent and MIB II
- Console and remote (Telnet or HTTP) administration allow user or service providers to locally or remotely diagnose network problems in details
- Symmetrical data rate from 192Kbps to 5.7Mbps
- Virtual LANs (VLANs) offer significant benefit in terms of efficient use of bandwidth, flexibility, performance and security
- VPN pass-through for safeguarded connections